Aperture II – Cherry & Black
The Stillpoints Aperture acoustic panels represent a whole new form of acoustical treatment. It is actually three products in one: an absorber, a diffuser, and a resonator.
In stock (can be backordered)
Three products in one
The Stillpoints Aperture II acoustic panels represent a whole new form of acoustical treatment. It is actually three products in one: an absorber, a diffuser, and a resonator. Due to its revolutionary design, it is impossible to directly compare the performance parameters of the Stillpoints Aperture to a conventional acoustic panel made of fibreglass. The performance specifications of the Stillpoints Aperture continually adapt to the dynamic changes in amplitude and frequency of the audio/video system generating the wave forms within the acoustical environment. At any given amplitude and frequency a “snapshot” measurement of performance could be taken, but, that static measurement does not explain the reality of how the Stillpoints Aperture II actually performs.
How it works
When using conventional acoustic panels made of typical absorbing materials, there will be only one volume level at which the absorbing material will control the acoustic energy within the room adequately. (This is a static system.) At volumes above that level, you would need more absorption. At volumes below that level you will have too much absorption and the room will sound lifeless, dark, and dull. The Stillpoints Aperture utilizes a blend of absorption materials, and a unique design of internal chambers to trap acoustic energy. The diffusion aspect of the Stillpoints Aperture breaks up the wave forms which will aid mid to high frequency absorption and reduction. The resonator aspect of the Stillpoints Aperture offers control of the lower frequencies only when it’s needed. Thoughtful placement can achieve wonderfully controlled bass frequencies with dynamic lifelike quality and speed. With bass energy controlled, one can enjoy a light, lively, sparkling room of shimmering cymbals and explosive drum attacks, with wonderfully clear midrange and vocals at all amplitude levels.
The fine detail
The Stillpoints Aperture II is the only acoustical product that will give you both absorption and diffusion at the first reflection points of a system. And you want both!
- The Stillpoints Aperture II has been found to be effective from 40 Hz to 40kHz.
- The Stillpoints Aperture’s unique trapping system captures an area of wave form much broader than its small surface area would suggest.
- The Stillpoints Aperture II can be used to trap waveforms either facing the wall or, facing away from the wall.
- The Stillpoints Aperture II design allows for artwork or photographs of your choice to be inserted in the frame thus raising the aesthetic appeal for everyone in the home.
- The Stillpoints Aperture II effectively increases soundstage width and depth. This is especially true for smaller rooms (see Michael Fremer’s review: Stereophile, Feb 2016.)
- The Stillpoints Aperture II will increase the dimensional perspective of the image structure.
The effect of the Apertures in my room was dramatic: almost a sonic black hole. Despite the fact that my room had already been well treated with Synergistic’s HFT and FEQ devices, the Stillpoints made the boundary seem to disappear, greatly enhancing center-image stability, solidity, and focus —areas where I’d thought no improvements were possible. A second pair of Apertures, placed on the floor against the wall to the side of each speaker, removed the sense of there being any sidewalls at all. While RPG’s Skylines had made a modest improvement, the Stillpoints Apertures produced a truly dramatic and positive change in the sound. Your dealer should let you take some home to try out. If your experience with them is like mine, you won’t return them.